Monday, February 25, 2008

I was laughing and dancing and freaking the hell out

I had a marelous night with the one and only Kate Glenn. My drive up there was a bit scarey. The roads to Paul Smith are not straight nor are they lined with lights and signs that that point me directly to the destination. I never got lost, I did however get extremely paranoid. This lead to me stopping every other mile to ask for directions and making a 2 hour trip take 3 hours. I also had no idea I'd have to drive through Lak Placid, the home to the 1980 Olympics. Its like a city that never got over high school. And by the way, Lake Placid still have all their Christmas lights up, wreaths, bulbs, trees and all. It was freaking amazing. Olymic obsesion behind, Christmas saved Lake Pacid in my mind.
In the end I got there. And welcome to sausage fest 2008, thank you very much God for inventing a foresty major. I've never seen that many men in one place in a very long time. I have also never seen so many steel toed boots...they look good with any outfit. So do camo vests, very slimming.

Another great thing happened. Kate had to go play grown up this morning after breakfast, so I watched Across the Universe. Woah what an amazing film. The story is kinda blah, but it doesn't matter. I wanna watch this movie everyday until I die. When the genius of the Beatles is mixed with the awesomeness of a musical....words cannot describe the happiness that comes over every dark part of my life. The movie even furthered my unhealthy want to have my own life be a musical. All I want is one song. 3 minutes of my life at any point in time. When everyone in the room or on the street or in the resturant knows the words to the same song. There willl obviously be a lot of fresh dance moves going on, smiling, and fucking jazz hands. And thats it. Then we all go home and move on with our lives. Its a smal thing really...some little girls want ponies. I want Gene Kelly and melodies in the rain.

So here's my fav clip from the movie. Kate loved the movie but mentioned that this is one of the worst parts to the movie.
I disagree.



I'm gonna give up all the current men I'm dating and actively pursue someone British. A vest would be a plus.
I recomend anyone who is single to do this. It'll probably be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home